Subject: Leicaflex SL
From: Carsten Bockermann <Carsten_Bockermann@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 04:42:05 -0400

Richard Clompus wrote :

>>All this talk about reflex Leicas had weakened my will power. <<
>>If this Leicaflex SL works out, I can see a Leicaflex SL2
>>in my future as well.

I was at Leica in Solms yesterday to watch a vintage car show held on their
premises (and to try the new Summicron-M 35/2 ASPH, of course). As Iīm
strictly an M Leica user (I use Nikon SLRs) and have only used a friendīs
R7 on rare occasions, I was very pleasantly surprised when I tried a
Leicaflex SL2 for the first time. I found the finder to be extremely
bright, yet still easy to focus (far better than the bright screens in,
say, a Nikon N90). Also the handling was great.
The only thing that worries me is that some of the newer lenses do not have
the cams necessary for the Leicaflex SL(2). Iīd have to find out if they
can be retrofitted.

Carsten