Subject: Re: Shooting rain
From: c.blaue@bmsg.de
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 11:17:28 +0200

     > A round reflective surface such as a raindrop would be captured on film
     > with a broad side lightsource. Your shutterspeed would have to be fast
     > enough to stop the motion unless you are seeking the streak of
     > rain. (put a wine glass on the table under a top light and take a
     > mirror and reflect the top light from the front and then from the side
     > and then from a little farther back from the side and notice the
     > difference.) Raindrops will have the same reflecting properties as the
     > glass.

Todd,

Thanks for hint with the wine glass. I will try that one and the light from
the side. The first test with the APX25 (not APX100 as I erroneously stated
before) and flash from the camera was just a bit greyer than without rain. I
am looking forward to use your technique but - what a pity - it stopped
raining! I think I'll go into the sunny-wheather-guaranteed-business.

     > Hope this helps.

Yes it does!

     > Todd Jacobs<LeicaM13@aol.com> Chicago

christoph