Subject: Fixer Question
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 09:40:12 -0400

Dear Fellow LUGnuts,

Since I am spemding more time in the darkroom, I now have a question about
fixers for paper.  I find myself using more RC paper because its easier to
process.  Please pardon my ignorance but is it beneficial to use a
hardening or non-hardening fixer?

I usually develop, stop bath, then fix, hold the prints in a water bath for
as short a time as possible, then wash (rinse) with fresh water, Permawash
(hypo eliminator) and rinse again with fresh water.

Thanks,

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD
West Chester,Pennsylvania, USA