Subject: Re: Some thoughts on the R8 ...
From: FKemper@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 17:07:00 -0400 (EDT)

In einer eMail vom 17.07.97  16:34:30, schreiben Sie:

<< However, it is not really fare to compare an advanced
 amateur/pro camera like the N90 (which is not the top of the Nikon line)
 and the F4 (which is the best of 80's technology) with the R8, a camera
 which is designed for the high end of the market both in features and
 price.  It would be more fair to compare the R8 with say... an F5 or EOS
 N1. >>

Do you work for the Leica PR department? The R8 is NEVER designed to a
certain market segment, as it is the only electronic SLR camera currently in
production. A Leica Rep would tell me such a stuff to explain why a R8 ist
more expensive than any other SLR in the market. I once tried the R8 at my
dealer's desk and the only thing I found amazing was the bright finder.

You cannot compare a R8 with a F5 or a Eos 1N, as the Leica lacks autofocus
and an integrated motor drive. Why not compare it with the (older) Contax RTS
III. German magazine FotoMagazin has done so: The Contax won...

Frank (Leica M3 and Minolta Dynax)