Subject: Re: first Slides from 35mm Asph Summilux
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 20:20:27 -0400

Dear Fellow LUGnuts,

Chris wrote about Ektachome 100 SW film:
<snip>
It doesn't work as well with indoor available  lighting when you have an
abundance of tungstun lights.  The color cast becomes too warm.  What about
using a blue filter?
<snip>

I guess I could use a cooling filter but that would defeat the purpose of
using this warm cast film.

I just broke down this week and ordered 6 rolls of Kodachrome 25 slide
film.  I haven't shot that film in almost 10 years.  Its just too easy to
get E6 films processed overnight.  I don't like cardboard mounts either
when Kodachrome and Fuji film are processed by company labs.

I'll send a note out when the Kodachrome gets shot and developed.  I hope I
am impressed again.  Kodachrome 64 was too red for me - but everyone has
their own opinion and impressions about color films.  I used to think Tri-X
was grainy.  Now it looks more like a fine grained film.  Black & white
films to me now either show grain or don't show grain.  Big improvement
over B&W films from years ago.

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD
West Chester, Pennsylvania, USA