Subject: Re: Effect of fungus
From: "Garbutt, Robert" <RGarbutt@ncrpexec.telstra.com.au>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 15:08:00 +1000

Joe,

Thanks for passing on your common sense 'cure' for fungus.  I have often
wondered why I have not had fungus problems while some of my friends in
the same locale are plagued by the stuff.

One friend in particular is very careful with his gear and still gets
fungus  - but now I think about it, he stores it in a wooden trunk - its
dark and musty in there, and not what I would regard as available for
use.  On the other hand my stuff is always in the open and gets a daily
outing.

Sunlight, exercise and fresh air - my mother was right (again)!

Regards,
Rob.
 ----------
 >   >  From: Joe Berenbaum
 >   >  To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
 >   >  Subject: Re: Effect of fungus
 >   >  Date: Tuesday, 15 July 1997 12:37PM
 >   >
 >    >  This what I've been told; exposure to the UV light in daylight
will kill the
 >   >  existing fungus. Once it's dead it won't grow any more (unless
of course you
 >   >  allow the unsuitable environment that encourages it- fungus
spores are