Subject: Re: Incident Meter
From: kopitnil@mra-inc.com
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 97 09:15:19 cst

Claes Bjerner wrote:
> Has anyone tried out the new Sekonic L-408 MultiMaster. It=B4s a =
> combination Spot/Incident, Ambient/Flash meter. I read about it on =
> Sekonics home-page httl://www.sekonic.com

I've been using one for about six months now. I replaced my Minolta Autometer
IV (also an excellent meter) so I wouldn't need to carry a separate spot
attachment then switch between the spot finder and incident dome, depending on
the situation, while shooting.

I've found the Sekonic L-408 to be extraordinarily convenient, with all of the
functions I need built in. And if anything those multiple functions seem a bit
more intuitive to use than the Minota was (but that may just be me). In its
case it slips nicely on a belt, though for me it's a bit large to fit in a
pocket.

But it only makes sense to get if you really do require both the incident and
reflected spot functions. If you'll only need incident readings, other meters
are smaller and less expensive.

Like others in this group, I've found incident readings to be the most reliable
(though I haven't tried an R8, yet, Ted!) and I'll no longer carry my camera
without an incident meter in tow. I recently added the Sekonic L-308BII (the
one Ben got, I think). It's tiny enough to fit any pocket. I carry it when I
expect I'll only want an incident meter in addition to the camera's meter.

Larry