Subject: Re: Shortage of Used R 6.2 Leicas??
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 23:33:09 +0100 (BST)

At 17:24 08/07/97 EDT, you wrote:

>I realize the qualities of a mechanical, however the R8 truly is an
>exceptional>camera if one is going into the Leica system, as nothing else
>equals it. (I know>I'm going to get incoming big time on that remark. :) )
>Richard save the dollars and cents until you can pop for the R8!  You'll
>never>regret it.
>ted

The one question mark in my mind about this is as follows. With the R6/6.2
it is a mechanical camera and therefore almost indefinitely repairable.
Mechanical parts will presumably be available for a long time, and apart
from the metering and flash circuitry, mechanical parts are all it will
need, and it will still work without them. With the R cameras that are
electronic, when the circuitry that controls the shutter dies, the camera
won't work. I wonder if anybody can answer this question- how long will the
full range of replacement parts for the electronic R cameras, including
electronic components, be available?

Joe Berenbaum