Subject: Re: 50/1.5 Nokton
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 12:40:29 -0400

At 08:26 AM 7/8/97 -0700, Stephen Gandy wrote:
>There were three versions of the Prominent.  The I with a knob advance
>and small RF/VF, the same I with a lever advance, and the II a very
>large Albada type brightline RF/VF which tends to self destruct with lot
>of flare and a foggy image quality.  It is the type II which the
>collectors seek out and pay serious money for.

This is true, but strange.  The Prominent II was a disaster in the
marketplace:  it was seen as a much less user-friendly tool than the Ia.
Production figures for these cameras have not survived, but I suspect the
II was only made in minuscule quantities.  In any event, the decision was
in the works to merge Voigtlander into Zeiss Ikon by the time the II appeared.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!