Subject: Shortage of Used R 6.2 Leicas??
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 10:37:29 -0400

Dear Fellow LUGnuts,

I have considered biting the bullet and getting into a Leica SLR system.  I
would like to find a good used R 6.2 but never seem to see one advertized
or listed in Shutterbug.  I can hear Ted in the background - telling me to
get the R8.  The R8 seems very nice but I'm still hung up on mechanical
cameras.  Same thing with watches.  I got tired of changing batteries all
the time and got a mechanical watch.  Now when I get it cleaned and
serviced, it only costs $400 instead of a $3 battery.  Go figure.

Where do all the used R 6.2 cameras go?  I guess once you buy one, you
never part with it.

I can imagine world wide how many kids (adult kids) inherit their father's
(or mom's) Leica equipment and don't know anything about photography.  Boy
are my kids going to get a bunch a Leica equipment when I finally go to the
big eye doctor office in the sky. In the mean time, I'm buying as many
Leica cameras and lenses as I can.  This way they'll have a complete set to
sell to a collector <bg>.  If they subscribe to the LUG, at least they
won't get ripped off when they sell.

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD
West Chester, Pennsylvania, USA