Subject: Re: 4 I.D. 1997
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 1997 17:28:39 -0700

At 04:28 PM 7/4/97 -0700, Roger wrote:
>On  4 Jul 97,  ted grant wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> The patriotism is wonderful and the understanding of, one people,
>> one language, one flag!  The great thing it does, is it allows you
>> to stand together threw adversity and success. A tremendous thing
>> for one nation and a people to do.
>
>I, and I'm sure most of the U.S. contingent on this list appreciate
>your good wishes, BUT, I would be remiss in my duty as chief grouch
>on here, if I didn't note that, in this country, patriotism is
>waning, the "one people" of the 40's and before are now severely
>divided, one langusage is now, for all practical purposes, two,
>interest in the flag is lagging, and fewer and fewer stand together
>in adversity and success.
>
>> >From a Canadian with concern for my dividing country! : (
>
>Again, thanks, from an Yank with concern for my dividing country
>also. Dammit! I love my country and if a citizen of yours, I would
>love it. Vive la difference! Screw One World Gommint!
>--
>Roger Beamon

Right on Roger...

Being the 4th, all you USA'ers should carefully read the Declaration of
Independence,
http://www.nara.gov/exhall/charters/declaration/declaration.html , and
while reading it, keep our current "Gommint" in mind.  Thanks for the
"Happy 4th" messages all. Hearing from fellow LUGgers makes the day.

Jim