Subject: Re: Leica passport
From: Carsten Bockermann <Carsten_Bockermann@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 03:40:48 -0400

Ted Grant wrote :

>>In a situation such as was described in the post of the unfortunate =

>>incident, "camera in  water when it was only a couple of
>>days old", I'm sure Neil's would have had a quite different outcome.

one day last year I drove my car out of the garage - over my photo bag =

containing two M6 bodies and five lenses. Two lenses and one body were
damaged. When I called Niels Thorsen about this incident, he was extremel=
helpful and the matter was fixed in a very generous way (BTW none of my
cameras
or lenses have the passport warranty as they were bought in Germany). =

Talking to people often helps avoiding disappointments, I think.

Carsten