Subject: Re: Tele-Elmarit-M 90 hoods
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 1997 16:02:45 -0400

>>Would someone please tell me what is wrong with the rubber lens hood?
>>Dan C.
>
>Well this is subjective I suppose, but I couldn't get a lens cap to fit the
>lens while the hood was on it, which was not acceptable to me, and although
>the lens takes 39mm filters, the hood takes series something filters, which
>didn't make any sense to me at all, and I didn't feel it was a particularly
>good hood anyway, and have read of them coming apart. But it was the lens
>cap issue that did it. Having to unscrew the hood in order to cap the lens
>meant that its collapsibilty was pointless, since I had to remove it anyway.
>And after getting the metal hood I haven't looked back.
>
>Joe Berenbaum

Hmmm....I have the tele-elmarit with the rubber hood.  It came with a
snap-on cap that fits on the lens with the hood in the collapsed position.
As far as filters go, yes there is a series 5.5 (?) adaptor ring, but I
just screw the hood into the UV filter on the lens.  I guess if I changed
filters frequently, that may be a problem, but I don't.  It does feel a bit
flimsy, but I've had mine for about 6 or 7 years and it seems as good as
new.   Just MHO.

Dan C.