Subject: Re: M6, 50mm Summicron and more
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 1997 15:50:43 -0400

ted grant wrote:

> Harrison wrote:
>
> <<< but of course the TV jerks ran out there with their ultra wides on
> and got
> in all of our ways.>>>>>>
>
> Hi Harrison,
>
> They feel they have carte blanche to run wherever they want because,
> "hey I'm TV
> and we're all powerful!". Quite frankly we as photographers were here
> long
> before them and we'll be here long after they're gone!:)
>
> >SNIP>

> It seems I am going to be doing a similar job in Kuala Lumpur for the
> Commonwealth Games next yaer in Malaysia. So I guess I didn't p---s
> off too many
> people. :)
>
> ted

Ted,
Do you hire out? It's been years since I shot for daily newspaper but
you have captured the attitude of vidiots oh so well. As so many of us
here in LUG rant and rave about short lenses for portraiture, etc. I
must confess to having done same years ago just to get in front of TV
crews. I hated to use a lens that short (mostly 24mm) but I got my butt
reamed by my boss if they got the shot and I didn't. All's fair in news
and war. It's certainly one of the reasons I left news and went into
commercial. Thanks, as always, Ted, for the anecdote.

Carl Socolow