Subject: Re: M6 eyepiece correction
From: Dave Munroe <dmunroe@hpvclmun.vcd.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 97 14:04:35 PDT

> The first step, of course, to universal happiness is to ensure that you
> have GLASS in your eyeglasses, not plastic.

Tried that and I was not happy -- for my eyesight, the glass is *very*
heavy.  Even with plastic, I find the whole contraption (the glasses)
annoying and I'll often take them off to be rid of them.  Contacts would
be worse.

> Glass lenses don't care nearly as much about being jammed up against the
> eyepiece as do plastic lenses

I'm not worried about the plastic being scratched, I just don't like the
feeling of the glasses being pushed against my face by the camera.

> You have to also order the adapter and
> eyecup, and these are a bit dear, running $125 or so, as I recall.

That's not too bad considering the convenience.

- -Dave