Subject: Re: Seeing Everything New
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 20:50:30 -0400

Carl Socolow wrote:

<snip>
I just had a pair of progressive bifocal reading glasses made. They have no
prescription in the top because my far vision is very good.

I still have to get used to using them with the viewfinder of the Leica and
hasselblad.
<snip>

Dear Carl and others using progressive addition lenses with viewfinders:

Make sure you view through the viewfinder using the uppermost portion of
your glasses.  Most viewfinders are at optical infinity (20 feet) or
slightly closer.  If you tilt your chin up to view using the reading
portion of your glasses, you will be focussing too close to see the
viewfinder images clearly.

Sincerely,

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD