Subject: Re: R8, first impressions of an amateur
From: "Elliot M. Puritz, MD" <drpuritz@li.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 11:23:41 +0000

Chip: Thanks for the input.  Believe it or not, I still haven't had a chance to
run any film through the camera.  I loaded some film, and  surprise...the
winder and the shutter release froze, and nothing happened.  Couldn't do a
thing.   When the film was removed, all seemed to function reasonably
well.  Re-loaded the film...surprise, the same glictch.  Spoke with Eli at
Wall Street Camera, from whom the camera was purcahsed.  He has been
extremey honorable, and helpful, but wasn't completely sure of the
problem.  Called Earnie at Leica, NJ.  Hadn't heard of this particular
problem before.  Why does the camera freeze when there is film loaded,
and the shutter and winder work when there is no film?  Some sort of a
neurosis?!

Suggestions?  Eli will exchange the camera, and I'll keep you posted.

Thanks to all,

Elliot