Subject: Re:Free Focus Group for Leica
From: captyng@vtx.ch (Gerard Captijn)
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 07:45:12 +0200

>> From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
>> Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 16:13:33 -0400
>> Subject: Re: Free focus group for Leica
>>
>> At 03:42 PM 6/24/97 -0400, Paul wrote:
>>
>> >Has anyone ever invited a Leica rep to the list?
>>
>> Yes, I have.  Both by FAX and E-mail, and directly in a phone call to
>Neils
>> Thorsen.  They were not interested.
>>
>> Marc
>
>But I bet they monitor this group anyway.  Being born in the Detroit area,
>I have several friends who work for the Big 3.  At Ford, the Mustang team
>regularly monitors what's happening in the Mustang newsgroup even though
>they never get involved in the general discussions.  There probably isn't a
>better way to find out what the faithful think than to follow the various
>threads you find in a newsgroup, be it Leicas, Mustangs or whatever.

Leica Solms monitors the LUG without participating. I think that it would be
really interesting to have Leica's key technical people now and then on the
LUG (rather than marketing people). As an exemple, Lothar Kolsch, who
designs Leica glass, explaining his design choices for the Summicron
f35mm/f2.0.
He published articles in German photographic magazines. Why do it only on
paper and not on the net? Wolfgang Vollrath, the previous Leica optical
engineer, regularly wrote articles in Leica Photography.

Leica Solms, out there listening?

Gerard Captijn,
Geneva, Switzerland.
Email: captyng@vtx.ch