Subject: BAS lens tests.
From: captyng@vtx.ch (Gerard Captijn)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 07:27:20 +0200

>To tell it in brief: BAS is the king of lens testing in europe, forget about
>the rest. However - he had the problem to be forced to show differences where
>no diferrences are. The difference between any major brand prime lens and a
>Leica lens nowadays is pretty small. I know his lens test system a littel bit
>and ist seems very reasonable to me.

Why is the king of lens testing in Europe "forced" to show differences where
no differences are?
I would guess that a serious tester tests and publishes the results he
finds, nothing more, nothing less.
Also, given the constant changes in the BAS lens testing methods over the
years, are the results of his tests comparable over time?
How did you rate his comparison between Cantax G and Leica M glass?

Gerard Captijn
Geneva, Switzerland
Email: captyng@vtx.ch
Telephone/fax: +41 22 700 39 28