Subject: Re: M6-W
From: Paul Schliesser <paulsc@eos.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 97 15:45:20 -0400

>Rather than a single-magnification finder like that of the current M6 I would
>ideally like to see a 'zooming' finder, such as that fitted to the Contax
>Gs and
>most zoom compacts (Leica included). If this could encompass everything
>from 21
>to 135mm, that would be ideal, but if not a premium model that could alter
>its
>magnification in step with the focal lengths 21-24-28-35-50 would be just
>ideal.

I wonder why Leica doesn't go back to the idea of "spectacles" or "eyes"
on the 21 and 24mm lenses, like the M3 35mm lenses and the f/2.8 135mm.
This would make the angle of view greater only when needed, so that
viewfinder magnification and focusing accuracy would not be compromised
for longer focal lengths. I think that this works great on the M3. This
could also provide some eye relief for specacle wearers.

One reason that this might not work is that the lens and hood might block
more of the viewfinder's new angle of view than would be acceptable.

The eyes would make the lenses a somewhat awkward shape, but I think a
separate finder is much more of a pain than the eyes would be.

Has anyone on the list used the Abrahamsson 21mm Super Angulon with eyes?

- - Paul