Subject: Re: Re New M7
From: Shawn London <st942432@pip.cc.brandeis.edu>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 97 22:26:31 -0400

> >> How about a joint Leica-Jashica G2 like body, without AF that takes M
> >> lenses???
>
> They could put a "focus-indicator" in the view finder.

If they were going to ruin the bragging rights of the M6 as an old-stlye
manual everything camera with all of the benefits of durability and
design, they might as well just make it autofocus as save you the trouble
of paying any attention to focus in the first place.

I agree with the other poster that the manual focus in the G1/2 is
useless.  You have a camera which has the autofocus mechanism built into
it, so why waste the time trying to focus by hand at all?  If you just
leave it in AF, you get tack sharp pics without the fuss.  The whole
point of manual focusing in the M6 is that the mechanical "feel" of the
system is amazing and the viewfinder/rangefinder system's focusing patch
is fun to use.