Subject: A day with my Leica
From: Luiz Otavio Marinho <lmarinho@br2001.com.br>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 00:48:09 -0300

 I would like to describe my today=B4s M6 experience...

 Sorry for my poor english I hope you uderstand...

 I went to a small city(Tourist Place) near S=E3o Paulo where only Railroad
workers live. The city was founded around 1900 and most of the houses still
be in wood.  =20
I walked around and took a lot of old train pictures.=20
Then I went to a little Pub to take a drink. This moment I saw a Cop
running up the street. I went off the Pub and I saw a Big Smoke above the
other street. I ran fast as I could with my M6(w/ 35 summicron) in my hand.
When I reached the place I saw two of that "1900" wood houses burning, and
the people was running to save TV=B4s, Refrigerators, children=B4s, the owne=
rs
were  screeaming, Etc... ( One of the most sad scenes I ever seen in my
life). There=B4s no Firefighters in this Small City only a few policemans.=
=20
 I was the first photographer to reach the local...
 I began to shot like crazy...Laied on the floor, on my Knees, near the
house gate, Etc...=20

 Then a kind of "Policeman and Firefigther" said: "Hey, you!! take these
pictures and after you finish give the film to me!!"=20
I asked:" Why?? I=B4m a pro photographer if you want I could send you some
copies later"=20
He answered:"I am a Policeman!! I will get your film!! Stay here, don=B4t go
away!!"=20
I said: "Of course(my Dear), You will have it"
=20
This moment, I tought about all my carrer, and decided: "This guy won=B4t
have my film".
 I finished my film, rewinded fast, and when he looked to another side I
change the film for a new one who was in my pocket. I give the "exposed"
film to my girlfriend and said:"Get out here, fast!!meet me at the car!!"
(Poor girl, She ran really fast).
 I gave the "unexposed" film to the policeman and said: "Have a nice day,
sir."=20
 He answered: "Now you can go!!"
=20
 After I did that about 15 Japanese Tourists arrived the local... With
Nikons,Canos, and one with a R7 and wearing green gloves (I don=B4t no
why?But...). One of this japaneses got his tripod with the camera and
placed in the front of the house (burning),like when I=B4m taking landscape
pictures.   I couldn=B4t belive that...=20
=20
 After I saw this Japanese show, I walked down the street kissing my M6,
and looking for my girlfriend(Who was locked inside the car)...
 Now I=B4m looking foward to see the pictures.
=20
 OOH, What a Day!!!

 P/S: No one got hurt, only material damages.=20
 Advise: Before go to take pictures, invite your girlfriend/wife to go with
you.

 Regards,   =20

 Luiz Otavio Marinho
 S=E3o Paulo - Brazil