Subject: Re: M7? (was: rebate extended)
From: Paul Schliesser <paulsc@eos.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 97 15:44:26 -0400

>>> I can't help but wonder if they are unloading M6's before introducing
>>> the M7.
>>
>>What are the features of the M7?  Does anyone have a description?
>>
>>-Dave
>>Hey Y'all,
>
>Rebate is synonymous with something new!!!!  Glad I am a member of this lug
>as it has given me an outlet to research first.  Going to purchase finder
>Leica, but I guess I will wait and see!!!

I think that the rebate is merely a way for Leica to address large
temporary fluctations in currency values, and to make temporary price
changes, without taking the more drastic step of changing their list
prices. If they change their list prices, they need to reprint and
distribute their dealer price lists and catalogs, etc. Because they don't
know what the future of the relative currency values will be, they offer
the rebate for a couple of months at a time, giving them the option to
cancel or continue it depending on what happens.

I don't think that you can read anything more into it than that. I doubt
that this is a secret sign that there is about to be an M7, and even if
they announced it today, look how long people had to wait to actually get
an R8.

- - Paul