Subject: Fogg M6 Pouch; safety when attached to larger Fogg bags.
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 17:30:32 -0700

On 17 Jun 97,  Alistair_Stewart_at_LC4001@cc wrote:

>      Roger,

>      how do you like the snap arrangement of the pouch to the
>      Celia? I use M6 pouches (2), plus film pouch, on either Bee
>      or Bumblebee bags.

<snip>

In the hope that this bag talk is of interest to the list (there
are Leicas inside), I'll post to the list, Alistair.

I use a Film Pouch on one side of the Celia and an M6 Pouch on the
other. Like you, I have also worried about security when the snap
fasteners and the velcro are used. I have carried my M6 with 35/1.4
ASPH mounted in the M6 Pouch attached to the Celia, though I don't
have to often because my M kit is small and I can usually leave the
M6 Pouch empty and bring it into play only after I arrive somewhere
and want to venture forth with just the M6 and 35/1.4 ASPH. Then I
load up the M6 Pouch and go.

When you *are* using the M6 Pouch  loaded and snapped into position
on the larger bag you just gotta BELIEVE in velcro! I do. I have
used velcro since its launching in all sorts of situations and have
a great respect for it.

Yes, the bottom snaps require a bit of futzing around to get the
female and male into the proper position (easy, Ted, I know this is
getting exciting), but with average dexterity and tactile input, it
snaps into place after only a few moments. I loop the velcro tabs
around the back of the strap loop that is attached to the bag, not
the shoulder strap. Believe me, it *is* secure enough to withstand
all but a concerted effort by an adult male to undo the velcro even
if the snaps fail. Even then, the force vectors applied to the
velcro have to be at the perfect angle to separate them and this
is statistically improbable.

Comparing notes one day, at coffee, with a fellow Fogg/Leica fan,
here in town, I learned that we both arrived at the same method and
conclusion quite independently.

Have at it, keep your insurance paid and enjoy!
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Leica Historical Society Of America