Subject: Re: Incident meter Q's
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 08:44:28 -0800

Ben Holmes wrote:

> I'm looking to buy an incident meter and would like some guidance from those
> who use them. In particular I'm interested in the Sekonic L-328 & L-318.
> Anybody have experience with either?

Ben:

I recently purchased the tiny Sekonic 308B.  I love the size.  My only
complaint is the readout for tenth of a stop are not too clear, but I am
getting used to it.  My favorite is an old Gossen SBC.  I love the
scale, the way you can zero it out and then play to see contrast ranges,
etc.  Available used pretty cheap.

All meters I've found can be calibrated, so it doesn't matter much which
one you get as long as you like the readout.

but do consider whether you will need a flash meter.

Donal Philby
San Diego