Subject: Re: Selenium Meter
From: Stanley E Yoder <syoder+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 21:28:40 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from mail: 14-Jun-97 Leica-Users List Digest V1 .. by
Listmgr@mejac.palo-alto.
> I think I must have gotten the V confused with the VI, either that or
> there were two versions of the V.
>
> The one that I as a photo student was cheap plastic, and had a quick
> death.  Later I went back to the store and was told it was the actually
> made in England? after Weston had sold out to another company.

OK, I have my Master V in front of me. On the back it saith, "Model
748"..."Weston Instruments Co. Newark, N.J." AND ALSO "Made in Great
Britain". The body does seem to be plastic - a light gray, but the top
part (needle window, calculator dial) is metal-clad (brushed chrome). It
does not look nor feel cheaply-made. Its ERC is also gray - leather,
velour-lined.

As to the Ranger:
Excerpts from mail: 14-Jun-97 Leica-Users List Digest V1 .. by
Listmgr@mejac.palo-alto.
> Actually, I believe you mean the Weston Ranger 9.  CDS meter, larger than
> the 1-V series of selenium meters.  an 18 degree field of view.

Right: "Weston Ranger 9". Now, anyone have experience of it?
Stan Yoder
Pittsburgh