Subject: Re: To beat or not to beat?
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 12 Jun 97 11:28:24 EDT

Danny wrote:

<<<I'm not writing this to chastise you your point of view; I just thought that
I might speak-up for those of us who feel that there's no point in not taking
extreme care with (what some perceive as) precious tools.>>>>>>

G'day Danny,

I guess my remarks about "they are only tools" implies I don't take care of my
"babies", but I really do. :)

Like you I also have a fit if I bang one due to a moment of carelessness as I
still have to buy them or replace them and I do give and have great respect for
what they are.

When I get a new body or lens I treat it as though it were gold and almost hate
using it because I don't want to mark it up. But like a new car they eventually
get a bump and then the pressure is off, not to just clang them around, but some
assignments just dictate eventual marks.

And yes they are precious tools and if I don't look after them, then I need them
most, they breakdown. :)  Fortunately mine don't break down! :)

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant