Subject: Re: To beat or not to beat?
From: "Adisak Soon Wai Hoe" <adisoon@pl.jaring.my>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 20:02:23 +0800

Hi Danny,

how good of your father. You know what my father did? I was then the owner
of an M3 and a 35mm Summicron. One night when I was in my room reading, my
father popped in and told me in a whisper to come out and bring my M3 and
lens along. I wondered what the secrecy was about, but I went anyway. I
followed him to the car, after which he drove me to a nearby place to have
dinner. During the car ride, I was asking him why he was so hush hush about
everything. Upon arrival, he told me to go to the boot and open the
brief-case in there. I did... you know what was inside. A spanking new
titanium M6 in it's box. I was stunned.

- --adi
- ----------
> From: Danny Gonzalez <dannyg1@IDT.NET>
> To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Subject: To beat or not to beat?
> Date: Thursday, June 12, 1997 5:15 PM
>

> >The only "value factor" I'm ever concerned about is that they function
the
> >way I
> >expect them to. If you relate to them as a book, the cover may look nice
but
> >it's whats inside that really counts! :)
>
> Ted,
>
> When I was younger, my father made a gift to me of a gleaming Pentax LX,
> which I promptly made hard use of. Three months after I had started using
> it, it looked so sad, I was embarrassed to show it to my father. I was
> saddened that I had given in to a social 'status' imperitive, at the
> expense of showing some respect for my fathers generosity. Since then,
I've