Subject: Re: absurd bounced messages
From: Fred Ward <fward@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 06:39:30 -0300

It is now clear to all here that it is not necessary to have a malignant
virus or a spammer or a crazed hacker to screw up (thread up ??) a
newslist.

We have all now experienced a serious NET weakness... one guy screws up
either his own address or closes his account and we get thousands of
messages bounced, rebounced and re-rebounced. It does not take much math
to see the ultimate end to this scenario.

Perhaps Brian in particular and others in general would like to take
this matter as a warning and come up with solutions to provide a way to
terminite such bounces once they begin. There is no reason whatsoever
that our own mailboxes as well as the NET in general should be plagued
with kind of ridiculous duplication.

Fred Ward