Subject: Re: R8 Construction
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 05 Jun 97 22:17:01 EDT

Stephen wrote:<<<No need to get so emotional.  Its just a camera.>>>>>>

Hi Stephen,

Yes your right it is just a camera, however the comment wasn't made from
emotion,  but that I do not believe one can make such an arbitrary open ended
comment as Don did without backing it up with some hard nose "facts".

If he can put down on paper some specific items that can be verified through
others as equal to the innards of Leica construction as he is, then I'll become
a believer.

I look at this way. Leica can't afford to have the reputation they have, as much
mythical as some of it is, for quality and the be putting junk on the inside to
have the cameras crashing all around them in less than year.

The annoying part of his opinion was that it was just layed out there without
any back-up proof and unfortunately or fortunately, I'm becoming cynical in my
old age and from politicians to the padre, I just ask, "show me" or "Prove it!"

Just a simple thing without emotion.:)

ted