Subject: RE: Noctilux
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 11:52:52 -0400

Frederic wrote:

<snip>I'm thinking about splurging on a used Noct for shooting (of course)
wide open in low light!  My lingering hesitation is regarding being able to
handhold it as well as the 1.4. (Being bulkier & heavier) Can users please
comment. Thanks in advance
<snip>

I have been using the lattest version of the Noctilux 50mm for the past two
months.  It is very easy to handhold due to its increased weight.  The
photos you can take are not available with any other lens.  Focus carefully
and you will be amazed with the results.  After carrying an M6 with the
Noctilux on it for a while, you begin to appreciate the little 50mm Elmar.
When that lens is attached, I can almost forget about the weight.
Sometimes I look down to see if the lens fell off since the M6 and Elmar
don't weigh very much.

If you can spring for the cost of the Noctilux (new or used), it will be an
active member of your lens choices.

Sincerely,

Richard Clompus, OD
West Chester, PA, USA