Subject: Re: in-camera metering
From: Bill Welch <Bill.Welch@pressroom.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 17:41:22 -0700

Fred Ward wrote:
>  Once you do this and if accurate
> exposures are important to you, those will be the last pictures you will
> ever make by taking reflected light readings. The only way to get
> professional exposure results day in and day out in every situation
> except photographing stained-glass windows or other light-emitting
> sources is to use a hand-held incident light meter.)

Excellent explainer, Fred. Thanks. That's why we so often waive our white
domes around before setting exposures, even with the latest matrix
metering systems in the SLRs around our necks. And, why I find my M2s and
M3 about as easy to work with as my M6. I don't venture out shooting
without an incident meter in my pocket.

Bill Welch