Subject: Filters
From: "Spohn, Albert F." <spohn@mayo.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 13:37:36 -0500

Howdy - I just recieved my new M6 in the mail today from Camera World.
FYI - although everyone was very courteous, the order process was
fraught with error and confusion.  At any rate, I got my camera and the
35mm Summicron okay, but it came with a German manual (which is still
okay, but my German is rusty), and the Leica UV filter that I'd ordered
appeared only on the invoice.  It turns out it was backordered with no
arrival date in sight.  I'm considering cancelling the order and either
getting the same filter from elsewhere, or just going with a cheaper 3rd
party filter.  I'd like opinions on how big a deal the Leica filter is
vs other brands, and suggestions if applicable.  Thanks in advance!

Al Spohn
*	Al Spohn  spohn@mayo.edu  507-284-1666