Subject: Lucien's Noct
From: "Lucien_vD@compuserve.com" <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 06:57:52 -0400

Lucien wrote:

> *The Noctilux had give me great joy but also some great disappointment,=

> that I never had with the other lenses but the former summilux 35/1,4 f=
or
> different reasons.

Dennis wrote:

<I am curious about you dissapointment with the Noct, care to elaborate?

Great joy :  Photography in available light inside house, factory, theate=
etc..
I remember specially the visit of a sugar factory, made with a M5 and the=

Noctilux (made in 1977).
The result is still one of big surprise and best souvenir I had after
opening a Labo envelope.

Great disappointment: Photography outside in daylight, diaphragm closed
between f1 & f4 =

with a 25 or 100 ASA films.

With Noctilux : unwanted reflections, unpleasant images. (maybe the prese=
nt
model is better)

With Summilux 35 (1964/96) (f1,4 & f2) : great softness, like using a sof=
filter, not always unpleasant. (The results vary from one to another, I'v=
tried 5 or 6 Summilux 35 in 17 years)
The Summilux ASPH is much better wide open.

Lucien
Belgium