Subject: Re: Angieneux Zoom for the R.... -Reply
From: David Stedman <DSTEDM@halcyon.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 19:54:30 -0700

Willem-Jan Markerink wrote:

> On 27 May 97 at 6:11, Dave Stedman wrote:
>
> > For whatever its worth, my son and I own 5 Angieneux lens.  A
> > 35-70, a 70-210, ea. 45-90's, and a 180 f2.3 APO.  All are three
> > cam.  Also I own a late 35-70 Leica zoom, a late 70-210 Leica
> > zoom, and a 70-180 APO zoom.  Of all of these, clearly the 70-180
> > APO is the winner, but not by a large margin.
> >
> > My impression of the Angieneux lens is that they are extremely
> > good.  They are real sleepers, and thus getting hard to find.  This
> > of course is going to drive the prices up.
>
> Can you confirm that the 180/2.3 does not need IR-focus correction?
> I located one in FD mount for a nice price, it seems as if average
> used price is well over US$1000 (true?).
> What are the weight/size specifications btw?
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Bye,
>
> Willem-Jan Markerink
>
>       The desire to understand
> is sometimes far less intelligent than
>      the inability to understand
>
> <w.j.markerink@a1.nl>
> [note: 'a-one' & 'en-el'!]

to all that have asked about the availability of Angenieux lenses:

This is what I know:

Willem-Jan Markerink asked about the 180 APO,

There is no IR markings, it weighs about 800 to 900 grams. It is
internal focusing, and very nicely made.  Mine is "mint" and came with
the original packaging.  I paid $1700 USD about two years ago. For
whatever it's worth, there is a picture and a few words regarding this
lens in Eatwoods book "Leica R Compendium", see pages 156 & 157.

Someone else asked about the 45-90mm

I know where there is a "EX" condition 45-90mm zoom f2.8 Angenieux for
sale.
It doesn't have the original box but has caps.  It is located at a
dealer in Seattle, Washington USA  There phone number is 206-624-1100,
ask for Russ.  I don't know what the asking price is.  I paid $750 (no
display box)and $1000 (with display box) respectively for the two that I
own.

Happy Hunting

Dave Stedman