Subject: Re: Leica R8 questions
From: David Stedman <DSTEDM@halcyon.com>
Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 13:08:08 -0700

cyberdog@unicall.be wrote:

> Does anyone know the answer to these questions:
>
> 1) I noticed there is no viewfinder illumination button on the R8. As the
> viewfinder indications are with a green LCD, how can they be visible under
> dark circumstances or at night?
>
> 2) Exposure memory lock is apparently only possible with spot metering, not
> with center-weighted metering. You can only adjust exposure by using the
> exposure compensation handle (override function). Is this correct and, if
> so, a handicap in practical photography? I would find it easier to always
> use a memory lock instead of override.
>
> 3) How long do batteries last with this camera?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Pascal
> Belgium

> This message was created and sent on a Macintosh PowerBook
Pascal,

1)  The R-8 LCD panel is backlit by a green, evenly illuminated light
source.  (EL panel or LED's ???, I don't know, but it works very well
under all circumstances.

2)  Yes, the "exposure lock feature only works with spot metering.

3)  Don't know, only had mine for 4 months. No problem yet.  Who knows
what will happen when the Motor Drive is added.

Dave Stedman