Subject: spot vs. selective metering
From: John Rethorst <jcr2@cornell.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 09:47:32 -0400

>Leica ist hier gesprechen!

More accurately, "Leica wird hier gesprochen."

That aside, I'm a newbie who's glad to have found this group as well. I'm
considering which model used Leica SLR to get, and see in Ghester
Sartorius' nice book "Identifying Leica Cameras' that the Leicaflex SL has
spot metering, while the SL2 and subsequent models have selective metering.
What's the difference?

I also wonder if anyone knows which of the Leica R models is the lightest?
I see in today's digest that the R7 is lighter than the SL2 . . .

Thanks,
John