Subject: Re: M-6 sighting!!
From: Paul Schliesser <paulsc@eos.net>
Date: Fri, 16 May 97 14:43:20 -0400

>>on a tv ad for a new movie with matthew Broderick & meg ryan, a quick
>>take of maureen staplton taking their pic w/m-6 & flash!
>>could the camera fashion gods be smiling?
>>
>Along these lines, check out "Surviving Picasso" with Anthony Hopkins as
>Pablo Picasso. Chock-a-block with SM Leicas.

When Leica rangefinder cameras are used in movies, has anyone else
noticed how often an SLR sound effect is dubbed in for the camera? I
guess for most people, that "ka-chunk" sound means "camera." I even
recall seeing a little Olympus XA which had an SLR + motor drive sound
dubbed in, so that it went "ka-chunk, bizzzt."

- - Paul