Subject: Re: beginners luck
From: ELabastida@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 14:23:53 -0400 (EDT)

Hey Justin,

It really depends on what you want to do with photography.  I could sing the
accalades of the Leica M untill I'm bule in the face.  But I will say this:
If there is such a thing as zen through photographing, I feel you can acheive
it with an M.

I've been shooting with an M-2 for about 3 years, and I couldn't see myself
shooting without one.  (I am a streetshooter)  Keep in mind M's aren't for
everybody.  They take some time getting used to.  But once you get
comfortable with one there's no going back.

My advice to you is; see if you can testdrive one for about 2 weeks  and then
decide.

Otherwise, the reasons I love Leica M's are:

1.  There VERY quiet.
2.  There fast (once you get the hang of it)
3.   The lenses are have uncomproble sharpness and contrast.
4.   They are small (hardly anyone notices you taking a picture.)

Good luck,

EML