Subject: Summicron-M 35mm f/2.0 ASPH
From: captyng@vtx.ch (Gerard Captijn)
Date: Sat, 11 May 1996 08:30:01 +0200

I just heard that Leica will offer a new version of the Summicron 35mm
f/2.0, slightly bulkier than the existing model. The lens has one aspheric
surface and should have better contrast, better definition and less
vignetting than the actual Summicron. Best aperture f5.6. The Summicron-M
35mm f/2.0 ASPH has been designed and build in Germany and will be available
in black and chrome starting July 1997.

As the 35mm Summicron is for many their standard M glass, I thought you
would be interested in above.

Gerard Captijn,
Geneva, Switzerland.
E-mail: captyng@vtx.ch