Subject: Re: Leica C2 Zoom
From: Rainer Mueller <uh3b207@hpmail.lrz-muenchen.de>
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 16:16:43 +0200 (METDST)

On Fri, 2 May 1997, Arnold Don Abravanel wrote:

> Anyone have any expeience with C2 zoom. It seems to be nice and compact, but
> what is the lens quality. I am very interested in your opinions.
>
> Thank you,
> Arnold

Hi Arnold,

my father has a C2 zoom. He uses it very seldom because the
auto-zoom feature of that camera is so annoying. Every time
you hold the camera near to your eye it tries to find an
appropriate focal length automatically. And any time you
put it from your eye, the lens goes to its rest poisition again.
That's slow and very annoying. My father finally put a
strip of black tape on the sensor above the viewfinder.

I cannot say anything about the lens quality.

Another argument against the C2: It is much more clumsy
than , e.g., the mini zoom.

Regards,

Rainer

Rainer Mueller, Munich, Germany