Subject: Re: Prints vs. Offset printing -
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 07:17:25 -0700

On  1 May 97,  Dan Cardish <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
wrote:

<snip>

> I guess the moral for me is that as nice as books are for looking at
> photographs, especially ones which are otherwise inaccessible, there
> is no replacement for the real thing.

No question, Dan. That's why it is such a joy to be able to view
original prints. We're fortunate, for such a small city (Tucson), to
have a facility such as The Center For Creative Photography.

Members may contact the head archivist and she will set out for you
the work of your choice. At the appointed time you show up and
are alone with the original prints of Adams and many others whose
work is archived there.

A near religious experience!
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Docent: Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
       Leica Historical Society Of America
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com
         Thought for the day:
    Communist (n): one who has given up all hope
    of becoming a Capitalist.