Subject: Re: Sticky frames.
From: Alistair_Stewart_at_LC4001@ccmailgw.mcgawpark.baxter.com
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 10:29:42 -0500

- --IMA.Boundary.075005268

     Harold,

     I had sticky frames in my M4-P. It cost me $125 to have Don Goldberg
     fix it (he's very good, and it took him 2 tries to do it!)

     This may open up the old debate reagrading whether or not M4-2's &
     M4-P's are of lower build quality than M6's, and all of these aren't
     as well built as earlier M's. We could also talk about steel gears
     versus brass, zinc bodies versus brass, Canada versus Wetzlar versus
     Solms...

     Or we could go and make photographs instead.

     Alistair

     _________________________________ Subject: Re: Sticky frames problem
     Author:  ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM> at Internet Date:
     5/1/97 10:39 AM

     Harold wrote:

     <<<Now, what I wanted to find out is, is this a common problem with
     the M4P, is ther an easy solution, and does it occur often with the M6
     (as I'm considering buying one of those).>>>>>>

     Hi Harold,

     Not knowing where you are in the world, USA - Canada or what country,
     here are a couple of things:

     1/  I've never encountered your frameline sticking at any time nor
     have I heard of it. I have had at most times in hand as working
     cameras, three M4's, M4p's or now 3 M6's and none have given me any
     thing along these conditions. If you are in the USA I'd send it to
     Leica Camera Inc in Northvale, New Jersey and ask that Ernst Hartmann
     look at it.

     Leica Camera Inc.
     156 Ludlow Ave.,
     Northvale, NJ 07647
     201-767-7500

     2/ If you are in Canada, send it to:

     Kinndermann (Canada) Inc.
     361 Steelcase Road, Unit 3,
     Markham, ON  L3R 3V8
     PH.# 905-940-9262

     The final option:  trade it in before you spend anymore money on it
     and get the M6.  you wont be sorry, as it is a more efficient camera
     because of the internal meter.

     ted
     Victoria, Canada
     http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant