Subject: Re: Cruising for snaps in Panauti
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 01 May 97 09:23:46 EDT

Ian Stanley wrote:

<<<<It is very difficult, if not impossible, to find a lab here that will give
me good consistent results with E6.  They have the equipment but not the care
and attention needed.  Perhaps the purchase of a Jobo is in order.>>>>>>

Hi Ian,

I bet when you hand off rolls for processing they must be given with a few
prayers, hoping they'll survive the lab. Given your location in the world
inrelation to the isolation, I think I'd have a Jobo in there quick time. :)

Although I have never had to use them, I understand from compatriots who do,
they are quite easy to work with with a bit of experience.

My gut feeling would be in your case, "i'm not going to be in this location for
the rest of my life, I better not take any chances on getting rolls screwed-up,
therefore I better do them my self!"

And I say this due to your wonderful discriptions of where you are living and
working at the moment. Imagine shooting those old temples and the colourful
local folks and then loose them in a lab situation. Not to say that couldn't
happen at home here in Canada, however less likely.

Glad to hear you are getting on OK with the M6 and after awhile you'll
absolutely trust the meter, as it hasn't ever steered me wrong in any of my
shooting.

Damn if I win the lottery this morning I'm on my way and we can tour the country
side shooting up a storm! :)

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant