Subject: Leica M6 handgrip
From: <cyberdog@unicall.be>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 97 13:16:47 +0100

Recently I read some interesting messages about the Leica M6 handgrip
(Leica catalogue item number 14405).

Apparently, the handgrip has to be screwed onto the bottom plate of the
Leica M6 with the same mechanism as for the bottom plate itself (handle).
I take it that the handgrip is attached through the hole at the bottom
right of the M6 (the same hole as for a tripod). Can anyone tell me this:

- - do you first have to unscrew the handgrip every time you open the
camera bottom to replace/put new film (and subsequently remove the bottom
plate), or can the bottom plate and the handgrip be removed together (in
one piece)?
- - if the handgrip fits into the hole for a tripod on the M6 (and so
"occupies" it), is there any other way to put the M6 fitted with handgrip
on a tripod?

Thanks for a reply on this!

Pascal
Belgium