Subject: Re: Storing M lenses back-to-back
From: "Rob Ward" <ward@rmci.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 14:18:37 +0000

> GH wrote:
> <<<Are there any lens combinations for which this will not work, and how
> practical is this retaining ring as an accessory?>>>>>>>
>
> I don't believe there are any combinations that wont work providing you have
> equipment bags or packing cases to accomodate them.

Before you try this  be aware that Brian Bower in "Leica M
Photography" (1995)  states: "Note that care is needed when using the
ring as the rear elements of some lenses can be damaged if its
'partner' is not chosen carefully."  Unfortunately he doesn't specify which
lenses make poor partners so I imagine if you try to put them
together and you detect a scratching sound you have chosen a poor
mating.
I would suggest you assure yourself that all of your lenses are
compatable with every other lens you own  before you include a
coupling ring in your camera bag.