Subject: Re: Nikon vs Leica
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 08:50:17 -0400

At 05:18 AM 4/26/97 EDT, Thomas P Myro wrote:
>The model I was not permitted to be exported by the MacArthur
>Occupational Government, because of the format being 24mmX32mm  Their
>logic was that it wouldn't be mountable in Kodaks brand new Kodachrome
>mounts, and American consumers would feel cheated.

Would you happen to have a written source for this?  Interesting, if true,
though military sources do not seem to back it up.  (There was "free trade"
between the US and Japan from 1 January 46 onwards.)

>Contax lenses, I believe would always fit on the Later Nikon RF's but not
>conversely, as the Tabs for the SP frame selector wouldn't allow it.

The RF camming is different.  The lenses will "fit" but not focus properly.
 This is why Nikon made sixteen gazillion 135mm Nikkors specially fitted
for Contax, the ones every camera dealer in the World has in quantity!

Marc

Marc James Small
Cha Robh Bas Fir, Gun Ghras Fir!
FAX:  +540/343-7315