Subject: Re: SNOW IN LEICA-R LENSES and Water spills, electronic and mechanical...
From: Jorg Willems <jorg@salesmedia.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 12:52:43 -0400

Over two years ago my wife and I visited St. Vincent.  In our attempt to =
climb the volcano a tropical rain SOAKED us.  We kept my wife's R6, my =
M6 and several lenses in a plastic bag inside our back-packs.  The =
plastic back got filled with water and I got that terrible feeling in my =
stomach that I had to pay dearly for a bad (stupid) mistake.

In the afternoon we cleaned our equipment, opened the cameras and let =
sun and ocean breeze 'dry clean' them. Next day everything was fine and =
we never had any problem with it.  Later I sent the M6 to Leica, NJ, for =
a check and they testified that the camera is fine.

Jorg