Subject: SNOW IN LEICA-R LENSES
From: "Lucien_vD@compuserve.com" <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 06:55:09 -0400

Dear Luggers,

Seven years ago, I was skiing in Verbier (CH), when I made a big mistake.
I let my back pack open on the edge of the path, with no cover cap on the
back of my 90 mm 2,8 Elmarit-R, plus two other lens (24/2,8 + 35/2) without
protection, during I was photographing the valley with my R5.  A guy on a
snowboard couldn't stop and buried the bag in the snow !! I find snow (and
then water) inside all of the lenses. All I had to do , is to wipe them as
much as I can, and since then, I never had any problem with those lenses,
the glasses are still perfectly clear, the rings are smooth and the cams
react without delay.

Luck or Leica lens quality ??

Lucien
BELGIUM