Subject: Re: Leica finder with Contax
From: photology@juno.com (Thomas P Myro)
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 09:29:58 EDT

Good Day!!

I use an imarect finder regularly with my Contax IIIa (I lost my turret
finder, so if anyone wants to trade.........)-- the parallax correction
checks out OK -- but as Marc mentioned, the "optical center" of the two
systems is different.  It only causes a problem with the 135 focal length
(135mmf4 Sonnar) -- you need to either not compose very tightly, or make
a compensation in your mind for the shift. Otherwise, it's "acceptable",
but not ideal.

Thomas P. Myro